Procedure - How to Recycle
Firstly, THANK YOU for your support in keeping plastics out of landfill.
Here are some useful tips in how you can assist us by recycling your used plastic lids.
- We accept plastic lids up to 5cm in diameter.
- Remove any foam inserts (e.g. in milk bottle lids) and discard.
- Wash all plastic lids in warm soapy water and dry them before sorting.
- Grouping lids into their identical plastic types is very important and essential as different types can not be used together.
- Refer to the plastic number type (e.g. 2, 4, 5) inside the lid (within a recycle triangle). Put any you're unsure of in one group separate from the rest.
- Sort into groups, bag and label them.
- See a list of our current Drop-Off Locations here.
You can also download a copy of our detailed Procedure document here.
Print a copy and stick it on your fridge at home or in the office!